A Post-Detection Subcommittee has been established, to replace the Post-Detection Science and Technology Subcommittee which existed under the former IAA SETI Committee.
Chair: Paul Davies, USA
Deputy Chair: Carol Oliver, Australia
Terms of Reference:
- The SETI Post-Detection Subcommittee exists under the authority of the IAA SETI Permanent Commmittee (SPC) and will report to it annually.
- The purpose of the Subcommittee is to prepare, reflect on, manage, advise, and consult in preparation for and upon the discovery of a putative signal of extraterrestrial intelligent (ETI) origin.
- The Subcommittee is empowered to call upon other consultants for specialist help.
- The membership of the Subcommittee shall be interdisciplinary and international.
- Membership of the Subcommittee will be as deemed necessary by the chair.
- The chair of the Subcommittee will be appointed by the SPC, and the chair may appoint one or more deputies as he/she sees fit.
- The Subcommittee aims the raise the profile of SETI.
Members of the Post-Detection Taskgroup (February 2008)
|Ivan Almar||Konkoly Observatory, Hungary|
|Stephen Baxter||British Interplanetary Society, UK|
|Paul Davies||Arizona State University, USA|
|Kathryn Denning||York University, Canada|
|John Elliott||Leeds University, UK|
|Claudio Maccone||International Academy of Astronautics, Italy|
|Karl Menten||Max Planck Institut für Radioastronomie, Germany|
|Ian Morison||Jodrell Bank Observatory, UK|
|Paolo Musso||Universita dell'Insubria, Italy|
|Ray Norris||CSIRO Australia Telescope, Australia|
|Carol Oliver||Australian Centre for Astrobiology, Australia|
|Tom Pierson||SETI Institute, USA|
|Margaret Race||SETI Institute, USA|
|V. Radhakrishnan||Raman Research Institute, India|
|Martin Rees||Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge, UK|
|Seth Shostak||SETI Institute, USA|
|H. Paul Shuch||SETI League, USA|
|William Stoeger||Vatican Observatory, USA|
|Jill Tarter||SETI Institute, USA|
|Doug Vakoch||SETI Institute, USA|
|Lori Walton||Tigerstar Geoscience, Canada|
|Dan Werthimer||University of California at Berkeley, USA|