SETI League Press Release
ALIEN SEARCH CONVENES ADVISORY BOARD
For more information contact: Dr. H. Paul Shuch, Executive Director
(201) 641-1770, or email info_at_setileague_dot_org
For Immediate Release
LITTLE FERRY, NJ.., June 29, 1995 -- The SETI League, Inc., a non-profit organization
engaged in a radio Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence, announced today the appointment of
six top scientists as technical advisors. Advisory board members include:
The six will work closely with Penn State engineering professor Dr. H. Paul Shuch, who serves as the project's Executive Director.
SETI scientists seek to determine through microwave and optical measurements whether humankind is alone in the universe. Since Congress terminated NASA's SETI funding in 1993, The SETI League and other scientific groups have been attempting to privatize the research. Experimenters interested in participating in the search for intelligent alien life, or citizens wishing to help support it, should email to join_at_setileague_dot_org, check the SETI League Web site at http://www.setileague.org/, send a fax to +1 (201) 641-1771, or contact The SETI League, Inc. membership hotline at +1 (800) TAU-SETI. Be sure to provide us with a postal address to which we will mail further information. The SETI League, Inc. is a membership-supported, non-profit [501(c)(3)], educational and scientific corporation dedicated to the electromagnetic Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence.
- Digital Signal Processing expert Anthony Agnello, CEO of Ariel Inc.
- Science fiction author Poul Anderson, whose novels have long helped to popularize SETI.
- Dr. Robert S. Dixon, deputy director of the Ohio State University Radio Observatory.
- Dr. Bernard M. Oliver, retired Vice-President of Engineering for Hewlett-Packard Company,
who headed the former NASA SETI office.
- Dr. Malcolm Raff, Manager of Information Science for Incyte Pharmaceuticals who, with his
expertise in astrophysics and genetic engineering, will advise the League on exobiology.
- Astronomer and Internet guru Dr. Clifford Stoll, best selling author of The Cuckoo's Egg and
Silicon Snake Oil.
P.S. Tearsheets are always appreciated. Thank you.